The Creative Minds teachers have caring relationships with one another and this provides children with strong models as they develop their whole being.
The Center Director ensures that the proper staff/child ratios are maintained at all times at Creative Minds. We have practicum students joining us as we participate in the practicum portion of training programs for Early Childhood Education students. Practicum students are always working under the supervision of our Center Director.
All Creative Minds teachers/substitute teachers have:
- been screened upon application and have undergone a Canada-wide criminal record check
- training in the principles and practices of Early Childhood Education
- current licenses to practice in early childhood setting
- Level 1 training in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme
- International Baccalaureate Inquiry courses
- a letter of good health signed by their physicians.
- current first aid certificates
- 2014 Pedagogical Leadership
Many of the teachers are continuing, or have completed, further courses in Supported Child Care, Infant and Toddler Care and Literacy Development in addition to extended Early Childhood Education courses and B.C. Teaching Credentials.