The Creative Minds teachers have caring relationships with one another and this provides children with strong models as they develop their whole being.
The Centre Director ensures that the proper staff/child ratios are maintained at all times at Creative Minds. We have practicum students joining us as we participate in the practicum portion of training programs for Early Childhood Education students. Practicum students are always working under the supervision of our Centre Director.
Creative Minds teachers/substitute teachers have:
- been screened upon application and have undergone a Canada-wide criminal record check
- completed Early Learning Framework modules on line
- current certificates to practice in early childhood setting
- training in the International Baccalaureate Early Years Programme
- a letter of good health signed by their physicians.
- current first aid certificates
Many of the teachers are continuing, or have completed, further courses in Supported Child Care, Infant and Toddler Care and Literacy Development in addition to extended Early Childhood Education courses and B.C. Teaching Credentials.